Tuesday 18 March 2014

Evaluation Question 7


Evaluation Q7./ Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Research

In the progression from my preliminary task to my full product product, my skills increased greatly. In my prelim, I learnt about over the shoulder shots and how to use the camera properly with the tripod. I didn't learn about anything else at this point. Whereas in the final piece, I learnt how to present titles, sound and structure in order to portray and support the genre well and in preparation for the pre-product. Through conducting research for my final film, I acquired new and developed existing skills. 
I can now use many programs such as:

Final Cut Pro to cut from scene to scene and for titles:


Pre-production and Planning

In my prelim, I thought about where to film (in college) as well as making a storyboard. I didn't have enough time to plan another place outside of college. The idea and script was set up for me (Waterloo Road). The final product was planned very precisely in order to ensure a perfect final product. We followed guidelines for costumes and mise en scene (such as dresses for the party girl and geek glasses for the nerd) in order to make sure that the message of what the characters stereotypically represented as is put across clearly.



Filming

For the prelim i didn't know much about framing at this point so left a lot of space above the character's heads. There was also artificial lighting without turning the filter switch on which made the characters look too bright. In addition, most of the shots weren't in focus.



Whereas, with the final product I ensured that the shots had the right amount of lighting and were focussed well beforehand. Also, made sure that the headspace was inches above the characters' heads.




Editing

For my prelim, I didn't know how to add titles nor how to match cut properly. I broke the 180 degree rule. Whereas in the final piece, I learnt how to include titles, sound, match cutting, the thirds rule and continuity editing. This made the whole final product look much more professional as opposed to amateur. 










No comments:

Post a Comment